Read more ...
Sathu Maavu Laadu | Health Mix Laddu | Multi Grain Laddu is an age-old recipe made with jaggery | palm jaggery. It is a healthy sweet and can be made with home-ground or store-bought health mix flour. Last time when I prepared health mix powder, I have made in large quantity having this laddu preparation in mind. Is recipe, I’ve used organic brown sugar as sweetner in this recipe and hence this is a simple recipe made in no time. I know this is the vacation time for kids, so prepare this healthy snack to treat them during holidays.
Recipe for Sathu Maavu Laadu | Sathu Maavu Urundai | Health Mix Laddu:
Cuisine : Indian
Category: Sweet | Snack
Preparation time : 30 Minutes
yields –20 to 25 Nos
- Sathu Maavu | Health Mix – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 ¼ cup
- Ghee – ½ cup or as required
- Dry roast health mix powder in a thick bottomed kadai until you get nice aroma, without burning it. Transfer it to a broad vessel.
Grind sugar into fine powder using a mixer grinder and add this to the roasted health mix powder. Mix everything well so that both blend together evenly
- In the mean time, heat ghee in a kadai.
- Add hot ghee over the mixture and mix everything with a ladle evenly. Stop adding ghee once when the mixture is about to stick as we do for puttu mix.
- Take a handful of the mix and hold it tight together to form a ball when it is hot.
- Do the same for the rest of the mix.
Your delicious, healthy Saththu Maavu Urundai is ready to relish!
- Don’t heat the ghee to the boiling point.
- Try to make laddu out of hot mix quickly, otherwise, it will not hold together.
- The shelf life of laddu will be more than 2 weeks, if stored properly.
- I didn’t add any nuts since I’ve ground a good amount of nuts while making health mix powder.
- Sugar amount can be varied according to your sweet preference.
Tags: Sathu Maavu Laddu recipe, Festival recipes, Indian Sweet recipes, Easy sweet recipes, Diwali recipes, Gokulashtami recipes, Krishna Jayanthi recipes, Health Mix recipes, Millet recipes, How to make laddu using health mix powder?, Maavu Urundai recipe, Sathu Maavu Urundai Recipe, Healthy sweet recipe, Siru thaaniya urundai recipe