Spicy Egg Fry | Muttai Varuval | ஈஸி முட்டை வறுவல் is a spicy, tasty egg recipe using hard boiled eggs blended with some spices. The recipe which I’m giving here needs a few ingredients, very simple to follow and can be made in jiffy. I’m sure that its taste cannot be compromised with any other complex recipes and it would be a treat for the egg-lovers.
- Eggs – 4 Nos
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 No.
- Green chili (finely chopped) – 1 No.
- Tomato (finely chopped) – 1 No.
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Boil eggs, remove the shell and cut into halves. Keep aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil, add finely chopped onion and sauté till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add green chilli, curry leaves and tomato. Cook till the tomato becomes mushy.
- Now add all the spice powders and sauté for a while.
- Add ¼ cup water and allow the masala to cook.
- When the masala thickens, place the egg halves on the pan and evenly grease the egg halves with the masala.
- Close the lid and allow to cook for about 5 minutes in simmer.
Spicy Chettinad style egg fry is ready to serve! This egg fry goes well with sambar, dhal, curd or with rotis as well as pulaos.
- Don’t toss the egg halves in the masala as there is a possibility of egg yoke coming out.
Tags: Egg fry recipe, Egg recipes, Chettinad style muttai varuval recipe, Simple egg fry recipe, Easy egg fry recipe, Easy muttai masala, Easy muttai varuval recipe, South Indian style Egg recipe, Bachelor egg recipes.