Egg Fried Rice is very easy to prepare and it can fit into any special lunch/dinner menu too. I prepare this rice only on holidays or for dinner since in my family, we prefer to eat when it is hot hot!. Today, being Sunday, I prepared this for lunch with all the fresh veggies on hand. We discuss more about fried rice in my earlier post for Vegetable Fried Rice. So, I am straight away going for the recipe.
- Basmati rice - 1 cup
- Garlic (very finely chopped) - 10 pods
- Egg – 2 Nos.
- Capsicum - ¼ cup
- Carrot - 1 No.
- Beans - 3 Nos.
- Cabbage – 2 leaves
- Spring onion - 2 sprigs
- Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Cook the basmathi rice with 1:2 water and salt. Spread the cooked rice in a flat bowl and drizzle some oil over it so that it will not stick.
- Cut the vegetable into thin, long pieces. Finely chop the white and green parts of the spring onion and keep them ready. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl with a little salt and pepper powder.
- In a flat bottomed non stick pan, pour oil and add finely chopped garlic and sauté till you get nice aroma. Add white part of the spring onion, sauté a little, then add all vegetables along with a portion of finely chopped spring onion (green part) and sauté vegetables in high flame for 2 minutes.
- Then add salt required for vegetables and all sauces, sauté well for 1 minute. By this time, the veggies would have shrunk.
- Now, slide all the veggies to one corner of the pan and pour the beaten egg to the other side and allow it to cook. When the egg is done, scramble into pieces and mix with the veggies.
- Then add rice , pepper powder and the balance spring onion , gently mix rice with egg-vegetable mixture. Check for salt and add if required. After everything gets mixed with the rice evenly, switch off the stove.
Your hot Egg Fried Rice is ready to serve! It can be served with tomato sauce, any raita or veg/non-veg Manchurian of your choice!!
- Don’t skip adding capsicum & spring onion in this recipe.
- You can add ajinomotto if you want more Chinese favour which I don’t prefer to add.
- You can use white pepper powder also instead of black one.
- If you find difficult cooking egg in the same pan, you can scramble it separately and add it to the rice.
Tags: Indo Chinese Egg Fried Rice recipe, Restaurant style egg fried rice, How to make egg fried rice at home? Egg and mixed vegetables fried rice, Indianised version of egg fried rice, vegetable egg fried rice, egg fried rice without ajinomotto