Capsicum Chutney | Green Bell Pepper Chutney | Kudamilagai Chutney is an Easy Chutney Recipe and tastes yummy with hot, steaming idlies. It needs minimal ingredients and really a good recipe to try with capsicum as a main ingredient. I know some are allergic ie don’t like the flavour of capsicum. In this chutney you can’t feel the capsicum’s unique flavour instead, you will get a nice blend of onion and green chillies along with capsicum. I can say it for sure since my son who falls into the above category, loves this chutney very much. My son only made me to find many ways to include capsicum in different forms.
Here is the recipe.
- Capsicum – 1 No.
- Onion – 2 Nos
- Green chillies – 4 Nos
- Tamarind – 2 pods
- Gingelly oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Gingelly oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Cut onion and capsicum into big cubes, slit green chillies into two and keep aside.
- In a tbsp of oil, sauté onion, green chillies, capsicum by adding one after another in simmer and fry till the raw smell of capsicum goes off. Switch off and allow to cool.
- Grind the above items with tamarind and salt by adding little water.
- Pour oil in a kadai and season with the items given “For seasoning”. Then add the ground chutney and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
Spicy, tasty capsicum chutney is ready to be served with hot idlies. If the chutney is spicy, you can mix some gingelly oil with the chutney.
- Care should be taken when frying capsicum in step(2) so that you will get the green coloured chutney as shown in the pic.
- If you want more sourness in chutney, you can increase the amount of tamarind.
Tags: Easy chutney recipe, Capsicum chutney recipe, Green bell pepper chutney, green capsicum chutney recipe, capsicum chutney for idli/dosa, easy chutney recipe for idli & dosa