Mutton Kheema Biryani | Minced Meat Biryani | Mutton Kaima Biryani is a simple biryani recipe compared to other non-veg biryani recipes yet with full of flavours. I love all types of biryani but coming to keema biryani, I’ve the feeling of each & every grain of rice has got the real taste of mutton, all because the minced meat with the flavouring masala has got infused in the biryani rice so well.
This biryani happened to be our weekend lunch those years when my son didn’t like to eat mutton pieces. I used to make this biryani quite often to make him eat goat meat. After a long time, I’m preparing this biryani and as usual, it turned out awesome.
Recipe for Mutton Kheema Biryani | Minced Meat Biryani | Mutton Kaima Biryani:
Cuisine : Indian
Category: Main Course
Cooking time : 30 Minutes
Serves – 3-4
- Seeraga samba rice – 2 cups
- Minced Mutton/ Keema (boneless) – 300 gm
- Onion (Big) – 2 Nos (chopped lengthwise)
- Tomato – 2 Nos.(Medium)(chopped)
- Green chilli – 2 Nos.
- Fresh Curd – ½ cup
- Ginger, garlic paste – 2 tbs
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – ¼ cup
- Mint leaves (finely chopped) – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Bay leaf – 1 No.
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Kal paasi – 2 Nos
- Cloves – 2 Nos
- Cardamom - 2 Nos.
- Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
- Oil -3 tbs
- Ghee – 1 tsp (optional)
- Wash mutton keema well with water, squeeze out the keema & keep aside.
- Take a pressure cooker, pour the oil and wait till the oil gets heated. Add the items given under “seasoning” one by one and wait until all these splutter to get the aroma from the seasoning.
- Add onion and Green chilli (just break into 2 or 3) and sauté well until the onion becomes translucent. Then add the ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell of the masala goes off.
- Add finely chopped tomato and add some salt so that the tomato will get cooked easily and sauté till the tomato gets mashed well.
- Then add all the masala powders and sauté till the oil oozes out from the masala. Next, add curd and sauté well until the mixture gets glossy appearance.
- Then add the mutton keema , sauté well, add half portion of coriander & mint leaves.
- Add required salt and a cup of water, close the lid and wait for 4 whistles and switch off.
- In the mean time, wash the seeraga samba rice and leave it as such after draining the water. It is sufficient if we do this part before 10 minutes of making biryani.
- Now open the pressure cooker, measure the keema gravy, add water so that the gravy+water =4 cups for 2 cups of rice and keep it aside.
- Transfer the above measure of gravy & water to a pressure pan & bring it to boil. When it boils add rice along with the balance coriander, mint leaves and needed salt. You can check for spice also at this stage and you can add if needed. Drizzle ghee on top, if using.
- Close the lid and wait for 1 whistle, then simmer the flame for 3 minutes. Open the cooker after releasing the pressure slowly. Then follow the same procedure as we have done for other Biryani Recipes.
Your hot, spicy, tasty Mutton Kaima Biryani is ready to serve! I have served the mutton biryani with onion raita and Elumbu Thanni Kuzhambu J
Cooking time for mutton keema varies and you should decide the whistles allowed while cooking mutton.
You can prepare this biryani with basmati rice also.
Tags: Mutton kaima biryani recipe, Minced meat Biriyani recipe, how to make mutton keema biriyani at home, Mutton kaima biryani with seeraga samba rice, mutton biryani with jeera samba, jeera samba mutton keema biryani recipe, seeraga chamba rice minced mutton biriyani, jeera chamba mutton biryani, boneless mutton biryani with seeraga samba rice, minced goat meat biryani, minced goat biryani with basmati rice, mutton biryani with raita and elumbu thanni kuzhambu, hotel style mutton kaima biriyani recipe, pressure cooker mutton kaima biryani recipe, minced meat biryani recipe,