Chettinad Style Kathirikaai Masala Kuzhambu | Brinjal Masala Curry | Eggplant Gravy is a flavorful curry made with brinjals and can be served with hot steamed rice as well as with our regular South Indian tiffin items. I need not explain much about the taste of this curry; once you prepare, I am sure everyone will love it.
Here we go for the recipe.
- Brinjal – 5 Nos.
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 No.
- Tomatoes (finely chopped) – 2 Nos.
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Corinader powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Tamarind juice - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut gratings – 2 tbsp
- Pepper – ½ tsp
- Fennel seed – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 2 pods
- Khus Khus – ½ tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1” piece
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Wash brinjal well, cut the stem , make four slits from the top and keep aside.
- Grind the items given “To girnd” by adding little water.
- In a kadai, heat oil and season with items given “For seasoning”.
- Then add onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and mash well. Add all masala powders and sauté till the raw smell of masala goes off.
- Add the whole, slit brinjals and combine everything. Then add a cup of water & salt and bring it to boil.
- Finally add the ground coconut paste, tamarind juice and allow to cook for about 10 minutes. Switch off & serve.
Tasty Brinjal Masla Curry is ready to serve. It tastes good with all rice varieties as well as for tiffin items. I have served this curry with hot steamed rice with keerai poriyal!
- Don’t overcook the brinjal as it gets cooked in short time.
Tags: Brinjal Curry Recipe, Brinjal masala kuruma, Kathirikai kuruma, Brinjal kurma, , Eggplant curry recipe, eggplant gravy, Kuzhambu varieties, Vegetarian curry recipes, Brinjal Recipes, Chettinad Recipes, Chettinad style kuzhambu recipes