Muttaikose Kadalai Paruppu Kootu | Cabbage Channa Dhal Kootu is a tasty side dish prepared with cabbage & channa dhal. When cabbage combined with channa dhal and freshly ground coconut masala, it tastes awesome with hot steamed rice, accompanied especially with rasam. It can be had with sambar as well curd or can even with be mixed with plain rice.
Here we go for the recipe!
- Cabbage (chopped) - 1 cup
- Channa dhal | Kadalai Paruppu - ½ cup
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Shallots (chopped) - 5 Nos.
- Garlic (crushed) – 3 pods
- Tomato (chopped) – 1 No.
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Scraped coconut – 2 tbsp
- Khus khus – ½ tsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Fennel – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Clean, wash, chop cabbage and keep aside.
- Cook the channa dhal with turmeric powder and water till 3/4th done.
- Add the chopped cabbage and red chilli powder. Mix everything well. Add little water, if needed, to cook cabbage. Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, grind the items given, to a fine paste by adding little water.
- When the cabbage is cooked, add the ground paste and required salt. Mix everything and keep it closed for 1 minute.
- Pour oil in a kadai and season with the items given “For seasoning”.
- Then add onion, garlic and tomato, sauté for a minute. add curry leaves and pour this seasoning over the kootu.
- Mix everything, cook for a minute and switch off.
Your tasty, healthy Muttaikose kadali paruppu kootu is ready!!
- I don’t prefer pressure cooking channa dhal since there is a chance of dhal getting mashed. If you are comfortable, you can use pressure cooker.
Tags: Cabbage Recipes, Kootu recipes, Cabbage channa dhal kootu recipe, Kosu kootu, Muttaikose kootu recipe, Muttaikose using channa dhal, cabbage with dhal recipe, Side dish for rice, Diabetic recipes, Cabbage kootu using channa dhal, Cabbage kootu with kadalai paruppu, Muttaikose kootu with channa dhal, Kose kootu with kadalai paruppu