Aattu Kaal Soup | Goat Trotters Soup | Goat Feet Soup is a spicy soup prepared with “smoked” | “fire roasted” legs of a goat / lamb. This soup is a specialty from South India and generally prepared hot & spicy with generous addition of pepper. The hotness of the soup with the smoky flavour makes this soup unique among all other non-veg soups which everyone should enjoy.
Generally, any soup or broth prepared with animal bones have numerous health benefits and this “attu kaal” soup is one of the very best. Doctors themselves prescribe this soup for patients recuperating from fracture. It is very good for those who are weak and sick, for growing children, feeding mothers and those who suffer from arthritis. I will not recommend this soup for people with cholesterol problem but they can have it rarely, may be once in 2 months.
- Aattu Kaal | Goat Trotters (smoked)– 8 pieces
- Shallots (finely chopped) – 10 Nos
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chillies (slitted) – 2 Nos.
- Tomatoes (finely chopped) – 2 Nos
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
- Wash the goat feet well with water. Rub them hard and ensure that no hair is left on them and keep aside.
- Add all the above ingredients except pepper powder in a pressure cooker with 3 cups of water.
- Cook in simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to leave by itself.
- Open and transfer the contents to soup bowl with pepper and garnish with coriander leaves.
Hot & spicy aattu kaal soup is ready to enjoy!
- The cooking time will vary with the type of goat legs you choose. If it is tender then 30 minutes of cooking is enough otherwise you should allow to cook more.
- If you want you can season the soup with cinnamon & fennel seeds.
Aattu kaal soup recipe, Aatu kaal soup, Aatukal soup, Lamb trotters soup, Goat trotters soup, Healthy recipes, Mutton recipes, Bone recipes, Goat feet soup recipe, Soup recipes, Mutton soup recipes, Lamb feet soup, Mutton Leg bone soup recipe, smoked goat feet soup recipe, smoked lamb trotters soup