Read more ...
Oats Murungaikeerai Adai | Oats Lentil Crepe with Drumstick Leaves is a nutritious tiffin with the goodness of main ingredients-oats, lentils & drumstick leaves. It is packed with carbohydrate, protein, vitamins & minerals and ideal for a day to start with. The batter for adai needs no fermentation and very easy to prepare. Instead of preparing regular recipes with oats, this oats adai is a good variation to try for a change. It goes well with coconut chutney, avial or jaggery.
Check out for my other Adai varieties Here.
Recipe for Oats Murungaikeerai Adai | Oats Lentil Crepe with Drumstick Leaves
Cuisine : Indian| South Indian
Recipe Category : Breakfast/Dinner
Soaking Time : 1 Hour (Min)
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking time : 3-4 Minutes per adai
Serves – 4
- Oats – 1 cup
- Toor dhal – ½ cup
- Channa dhal – ½ cup
- Drumstick leaves – 1 cup
- Red chillies – 4- 5 Nos
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Ginger – ½” piece
- Asafoetida – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Gingelly oil – as required
- Coconut gratings (optional)– ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak toor dhal and channa dhal together in water for an hour.
- In the mean time, clean murungaikeerai and pluck only the leaves. Wash them well in water, drain and keep aside.
- First grind red chillies, ginger piece, fennel seeds together. To this add the soaked dhals and grind coarsely. Transfer the dhal batter to the container.
- Add oats to the mixer and grind coarsely by adding water. Transfer this to the same container.
- To the oats-dhal batter, add the washed, cleaned drumstick leaves, coconut gratings, turmeric powder, asafoetida & salt. Mix everything well and bring the batter to a thick idli batter consistency by adding water, if needed.
- Heat a tawa. Pour a ladle full of batter and spread it circularly like a thin dosa.
- Drizzle few drops of oil and close with the lid and cook in simmer.
- After 2 minutes, open the lid and carefully flip the adai to the other side and cook in simmer without lid for about 2 minutes.
Hot & soft Oats Murungaikeerai Adai is ready. You can serve this adai with cocnut chutney or avail. But my personal preference is always for jaggery…so simple but yum.
This recipe will give soft adais as we add only the oats. If you want crispy, you can add ½ cup of raw rice in addition to the above ingredients.
Tags: Adai dosa recipes, Lentil crepe recipes, Oats recipes, Breakfast recipes, Dinner recipes, Diabetic recipes, Greens recipes, Murungai keerai recipes, Drumstick leaves recipes, Oats adai recipe, Murungaikeerai adai recipe, How to make soft adai with oats?, Healthy breakfast/dinner ideas, South Indian breakfast recipes, lentil pancakes recipes