Rava Kesari | Semolina Pudding | Sooji Kesari | Kesari Bath is an Indian desert made with semolina, sugar, little ghee and few nuts. It is very easy to prepare and I suggest this recipe as a ‘must to learn’ for those new to the kitchen. It is a handy recipe that you can utilize in many difficult situations like when a guest shows up unexpectedly, when we are left with little time to prepare a dessert, when we desperately want to satisfy our sweet tooth or sometimes for Neivedyam too. I am sure that we can make everyone happy with this simple dessert if it is done to perfection.
- Rava (Semolina) – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Water – 3 cups
- Ghee – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts, raisins – few
- Kesari colour – a pinch.
- Dry roast rava in simmer until you get a nice aroma. Keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottomed kadai, pour a tbsp of ghee, and fry the cashew nuts and raisins until they turn golden brown. Drain them from the ghee and keep it aside.
- In the same kadai, add water and bring it to rolling boil.
- Now add rava little by little while continuously stirring water. Don’t let the rava lump. This is to be done in high flame. Allow the rava to get cooked completely.
- Then add sugar and kesari colour (Red), and mix everything. By this time when the sugar gets melted in the heat, the mixture should be watery. When the mixture becomes thick, simmer the fire, add cardamom powder and ghee and stir it continuously.
- When the mixture leaves the sides of the kadai, switch off the stove. Add the fried cashew nuts and raisins, mix everything well and transfer the contents to a serving bowl.
Your yummy, hot rava kesari is ready to be enjoyed. I love the taste when it is hot!
- The given water measurement will give you a soft, mushy kesari when it is hot. You can reduce water to 2 ½ cups as well.
- Sugar can be increased to 1 cup if you want it sweeter.
- Red colour is optional. If you want to serve only to your family and they are not concerned with the colour rather than taste, then you could avoid this.
Tags: Rava kesari recipe, semolina pudding, sooji kesari recipe, Easy sweet recipe, how to prepare soft rava kesari, restaurant style kesari recipe, Cream of wheat dessert, Cream of wheat pudding,