Read more ...
Pasta Badam Kheer | Pasta Payasam is an easy Indian dessert using Pasta. I’m sure everyone will love this sweetened version of pasta especially, the kids. I’ve used badam mix to flavour the kheer and quicken the process. This kheer is frequenting my kitchen quite often pasta as it needs only 10-15 minutes to prepare. We love to have this kheer chilled and undoubtedly, a heavenly treat to enjoy anytime of the day.
Recipe for Pasta Badam Kheer | Pasta Payasam | Easy Indian Dessert with Pasta:
Cuisine : Indian
Cooking time : 20 Minutes
Serves – 5
- Pasta – ½ cup
- Milk – 3 cups
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Badam mix – 3 tbsp
- Saffron|kesar – few strands
- Cardamom | Elaichi powder – 1 tsp
- Boil a cup of water with little oil. To this add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked until soft. Keep aside.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed sauce pan until it gets reduced to ¾ th of the quantity.
- In the mean time, soak saffron strands in warm milk & keep aside.
- When the milk is reduced, add the cooked pasta & sugar and mix everything well.
- Allow to cook pasta in milk for about 5 minutes.
- To this add badam mix and stir well.
- Finally, add the saffron milk & cardamom powder.
- Mix everything well and switch off.
- Cool it completely & refrigerate for ½ an hour.
Creamy, delicious Pasta Badam Kheer is ready! This can be had for breakfast instead of smoothies. You can serve it as a dessert after meal, Prasad for poojas...
- You can add any nuts of your choice.
- You can also use freshly ground almond paste. In that case, soak almonds in hot water for ½ an hour. Peel the skin and grind to a smooth paste by adding little milk
Tags: Pasta Recipes, Easy pasta recipes, Indian Pasta recipes, Simple Indian pasta recipes, Pasta Payasam recipe, Payasam varieties, Kheer recipes, Easy Kheer Recipes, Sweetened pasta recipe, Pasta Badam kheer recipe, Kheer recipe with pasta, How to use pasta in a dessert?, Healthy pasta recipes, Flavoured pasta recipes, Indian Dessert recipes, Indian dessert with pasta