Indian Style Pasta | Quick Pasta | Easy Masala Pasta is a simple pasta recipe and it is really a blend of many tastes. This is ideal for any meal with some salads or can be served as it is for light meal. I love pasta for its beautiful shapes and its versatility to adapt to any kind of flavours & tastes. Of all I like the bow-tie shaped called Farfalle, but I couldn’t find any in nearby stores which I frequently. At last I got this Elbow shaped (Chifferi Rigati).
Coming to my pasta recipe, I tried this pasta on last Sunday for breakfast. Normally I prefer Sunday breakfasts to be simple to make them ready in a few minutes. Most of the times, it would be some toast, sandwich, upma, porridge etc. Because, only during Sundays, my son & hub will have the privilege of waking up at their own time. I too have my own time, only on Sundays, enjoying every sip of my hot tea while reading the newspaper without any disturbance since I keep following my regular wake up time even on Sundays.. J So as per Sunday breakfast standards, I thought of making this pasta quite simple with minimal ingredients. I boiled the pasta and kept it ready. When everyone was ready for their breakfast, I started preparing the dish & got it finished in 10 minutes. My son & hub enjoyed it hot but I had to take it cold due to photo session. Anyways, I liked it cold. I’m sure this mild sweet, spicy version of pasta will frequent my Sunday breakfast menu. What about you?
To boil pasta:
- Pasta – 1 cup
- Water – 3 cups
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
To prepare simple pasta:
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic (crushed) – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli (finely chopped) – 1 No.
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 No.
- Tomato (finely chopped) – 1 No.
- Carrot (chopped) – 1 No.
- Red chilli paste – ½ tsp
- Sweet & sour sauce – 1 tsp
- Spring onion – 3 stalks
- Pasta mix – 1 tbsp
- Salt –to taste
- Boil 3 cups of water, bring it to boil. Add a pinch of salt, oil & pasta and cook until soft. Drain in a colander, run through cold water and keep aside. You can keep ¼ cup of pasta boiled water for future use.
- Keep the veggies ready. Chop the white part of spring onion finely & keep aside. Roughly chop the green part for garnishing.
- In a non stick pan, heat oil and add crushed garlic. Sauté till the garlic becomes golden brown in colour.
- Add the finely chopped onion & sauté till it becomes translucent. Add the white part of the spring onion and sauté for a while.
- Add tomato and sauté until it becomes mushy & creamy.
- Add carrots, salt and sauté in high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the red chilli paste & sauce and sauté for a while.
- Add ¼ cup of plain water or reserved pasta boiled water and stir well.
- When everything comes together, add the pasta and toss everything well.
- Finally add pasta mix and garnish with spring onion green stalks.
Hot, spicy pasta is ready to eat with sweet & sour taste…
- If you don’t have pasta mix, add some oregano and pepper powder. If you don’t have both, don’t worry, add some chopped cilantro & pepper powder.
- If you like this to be sweeter, add some honey/ sugar while adding sauce.
- You can add any veggies of your choice.
Tags: simple pasta recipe, sweet pasta recipe, sweet & spice pasta recipe, Pasta using sauces, pasta with Italian spice mix, how to cook pasta?, Breakfast recipes, simple breakfast recipes, Breakfast recipes with pasta, sweet & sour pasta recipe