Read more ...
Corn Fried Rice | Sweet Corn Fried Rice | Corn Veg Fried Rice is a tasty fried rice and I should say that my family enjoyed the sweet taste of fresh corn in the fried rice. Once we tasted this dish at Crowne Plaza, KL, Malaysia but it was very bland. For a long time, I was planning to make this dish with an Indian touch and today, you can see the result of those plans. Nowadays, I decide my weekend menu considering my blog because only on holidays, I have time to take photographs. But I don’t want to spend too much of time in the kitchen since summer has started in Chennai. I should also satisfy my son’s holiday meal with something that he likes the most. So I thought of making this fried rice, and needless to say, the dish turned out amazingly well.
Basmati rice - 1 cup
Garlic (very finely chopped) - 1 tbsp
Ginger (very finely chopped) - 1 tbsp
Sweet corn Kernels – ¾ cup
Capsicum - ¼ cup
Carrot - 1 No.
Beans - 3 Nos.
Spring onion - 2 sprigs
Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
Soya sauce – 1 tsp
Chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
Pepper powder - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 3 tbsp
- Wash & soak basmati rice for about minimum 15 minutes.
- Cook the basmati rice with 1:2 water and salt. Spread the cooked rice in a flat bowl and drizzle some oil over it so that it will not stick.
- Cut the vegetables into thin, long pieces. Finely chop the white and green parts of the spring onion and keep them ready.
- Remove the kernels from the sweet corn. Wash and cook in enough water by adding little salt for about 5 minutes. Drain the kernels from water and keep aside.
- In a flat bottomed non stick pan, pour oil and add finely chopped garlic, ginger and sauté till you get nice aroma. Add white part of the spring onion, sauté a little, then add all vegetables along with a portion of finely chopped spring onion (green part) and sauté vegetables in high flame for 2 minutes.
- When the vegetables are 3/4th done, add the corn kernels and sauté everything in high flame.
- Then add salt required for vegetables and all sauces, sauté well for 1 minute. By this time, the veggies would have shrunk.
- Then add rice , pepper powder and the balance spring onion , gently mix rice with vegetable- corn mixture. Check for salt & spice and add if required. After everything gets mixed with the rice evenly, switch off the stove.
Your tasty Corn Fried Rice is ready to serve! It can be served with tomato sauce, any raita or veg/non-veg Manchurian of your choice!! We had this fried rice with cucumber raita and tomato sauce. Try this once & it will be in your regular menu J
- I have used fresh corns in this recipe, if you want you can even add frozen corn.
- You can add ajinomotto if you want more Chinese favour which I don’t prefer to add.
- You can use white pepper powder also instead of black one.
Tags: Indo Chinese Fried Rice recipe, Restaurant style corn fried rice, How to make corn fried rice at home? Sweet corn and mixed vegetables fried rice, Indianised version of corn fried rice, corn -veg fried rice, fried rice without ajinomotto, Fried rice varieties, Sweet corn fried rice, How to prepare sweet corn fried rice at home?, Frozen corn fried rice recipe, Sweet corn recipes, Frozen corn recipes, Corn recipes.