Aam Panna | Aam ka Panna | Raw Mango Drink is a healthy Indian summer drink prepared with raw mangoes and some other condiments. It is a famous drink in Northern parts of India, prepared to beat the heat during summer. It is believed to protect our body against sun stroke and is an excellent thirst quencher too. This drink will top up all the vitamins & minerals lost due to excessive sweat in hot summer. Truly, we have to be grateful to Mother Nature for providing us with raw mangoes at the right time, giving us a natural way to combat the heat.
As for aam panna, once we make the pulp ready we can make this drink at any time. Today being a holiday, I thought of making aam panna as I also had raw mangoes in the fridge. I prepared everything, kept it in the fridge and went out for some personal work. When I came back and had this, omg…I don’t have words to say! That is why I’m posting this recipe immediately.
Here is the recipe.
- Raw Mango – 1 No.(Medium)
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Mint leaves – 15 Nos
- Roasted cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Black salt |Kala Namak – ¼ tsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
Step I: Preparation of pulp & syrup:
- Wash and pressure cook the raw mango with enough water for about 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure subsides, open the pressure cooker and allow the mango to cool completely.
- Peel the skin of the mango and scoop out the mango pulp from the skin and the seed, discarding both skin & seed.
- Mash the pulp to a smooth paste with some spatula or blend in a mixer.
- In the mean time, melt jaggery in a cup of water and strain the impurities. Again heat the strained jaggery syrup till it gets bubble consistency. Keep aside.
Step II: preparation of drink:
- For preparing the drink for two, blend mint leaves, roasted cumin powder, black salt pepper powder to a fine paste. To this, add 4 tbsp of mango pulp and 6 to 8 tbsp of jaggery syrup with a cup of water and blend everything. Strain and serve with ice cubes.
Your minty, peppery aam panna is ready to quench your thirst!
- Mango pulp can be stored in an air tight container and kept in the freezer for a month and jaggery syrup can be stored in the refrigerator. The drink can be prepared at any time with the addition of ingredients.
- If you want you can add sugar directly while preparing the drink instead of jaggery syrup.
- The list of ingredients I have given above is as my family’s taste. But you can skip mint | cumin |pepper as per your choice.
Tags: Aam Panna recipe, Summer drink recipes, Raw mango recipes, Aam ka panna, Raw Mango drink recipe, healthy summer drinks, Raw mango summer drink recipe, Indian Sharbat recipes, Indian Drink, North Indian drink,