Read more ...
Baby Potato Fry | Pan Fried Potato | Aloo Fry | Baby Potato Varuval is yet another simple recipe but is a very tasty dish which is loved by everyone. Baby potatoes, by appearance, will attract everyone, especially kids. So whatever dish we make with baby potatoes will vanish in no time. Here I have followed North Indian Style for frying baby potatoes.
- Baby potatoes – 500 gms
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Chat masala powder – ½ tsp
- Thick curd – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and pressure cook the potatoes in enough water for about 3 whistles.
- Allow the pressure to release, cool and peel the skin and keep the potatoes ready.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients given “For marinade” and mix well.
- Add potatoes to this marinade and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- In a non stick pan, heat oil and add the potato marinade. Cook covered in medium flame for about 10 minutes stirring in between.
- When the marinade becomes dry, open the lid and cook in simmer for about 5 minutes.
Yummy, tasty Baby Potato Fry is ready to serve. You can have it with rice, rotis or even as a snack!
- Baby potatoes should be cooked such that they don’t become mushy.
- You can marinate the potatoes and refrigerate the day before you plan to make the dish.
Tags: Baby potato fry recipe, North Indian Style Aloo Fry recipe, Aloo recipes, Potato recipes, Baby potato recipes, Pan fried potato recipe, simple baby potato fry recipe, Aloo fry, Baby potato varuval, Side dish for rice, Side dish for rotis