Read more ...
7 Cup Burfi | Seven Cup Sweet | 7 Cup Cake is very easy to make sweet recipe; need not worry about sugar syrup consistency for this burfi. The ingredients used in this recipe measure about 7 cups and hence it has got the name.
Here is the recipe.
- Besan flour | Bengal gram flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3 cups
- Coconut gratings – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 cup + 2 tsp
- In a heavy bottomed kadai, mix all the above ingredients without any lumps.
- Grease a burfi plate with ghee and keep it ready.
- Place the kadai on a stove, cook the mixture for about 15 minutes, in medium flame by stirring often so that the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Then keep the flame to low and keep on stirring. In the next 5 – 10 minutes, the mixture starts pulling away from the sides of the pan. When the mixture becomes thick enough and gets the burfi consistency, transfer this to the greased plate.
- When the mixture is slightly warm, mark the pieces with greased, sharp knife | pizza cutter.
- When it is cool, cut the burfis along the marked lines.
Super tasty 7 Cup Burfi is ready to enjoy for this Diwali!
- After the sugar dissolves completely, you should not stop stirring the mixture; otherwise it will get stuck to the bottom.
- You should pour the burfi mixture only when it is thick. If you transfer it before, it will be chewy like halwa.
- I have used only 2 ½ cups of sugar but the actual recipe calls for 3 cups. You can do it either way as per your choice.
Tags: 7 cup burfi recipe, Easy Diwali sweet recipe, Festival Recipes, Easy sweet recipes, Seven cup cake recipe, seven cup sweet recipe, Besan Flour Recipes