Liver soup | Goat Liver Soup | Mutton Liver Soup | Earal Soup is a healthy soup, very good for kids, pregnant ladies & lactating mothers. It also helps people to recover from anaemia since liver is supposed to be very high in iron content. As I said in my earlier post for Nenju Elumbu Soup, it has been a practice to have mutton based soups after oil bath during weekends. My grandma used to make anyone of these soups and we used to enjoy a lot.
Unlike other soups, it doesn’t need sautéing, grinding, adding thickening agents, etc. Very simple recipe but the health benefits are many. Even if your kid doesn’t like to eat the liver pieces, it is enough if he/she is made to drink the soup to get the total benefits of liver. This is the way I get my son to enjoy the health benefits of liver.
- Mutton Liver | Goat Liver - 100 gms
- Shallots – 20 Nos or Big onion (finely chopped)– 1 No.
- Tomato (finely chopped) - 1 No
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves ( finely chopped) – 1 tsp
- Pepper –Jeera powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Wash the goat liver in running water and cut into small pieces.
- Add all ingredients listed above and 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Pressure cook for about 10 minutes in simmer.
- Let the pressure subside on its own.
- Then open the pressure cooker, check for spice & salt and adjust accordingly.
Hot, peppery mutton liver soup is ready to serve! It can be served with any starters like Mutton Kola Urundai!! Always, I serve the soup atleast 1 hour before having lunch.
- Try to use shallots since it will add up special flavour, taste to the soup.