Karasev | Karachevu is a easy snack which could be made in a jiffy without too much of efforts. It is a South Indian deep fried snack and can be made with store bought flours.
- Rice flour – 1 up
- Besan flour | Bengal gram flour – ¾ cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida | Hing – ¼ tsp
- Jeera | Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – for deep frying
- Sieve both the flours with a fine sieve.
- Add all dry powders i.e. sieved flours, chilli powder, pepper powder, asafoetida, jeera, turmeric powder & salt and mix well.
- Now add butter at room temperature and crumble this with the flour.
- Add water little by little and make a soft dough like chapatti dough.
- In the mean time, heat oil in a broad kadai and check by dropping a pinch of dough into the oil. If the dropped dough comes up quickly, then it is ready for frying.
- Grease the murukku press (with Thenkuzhal Achu) with oil and fill it with the dough. Press the murukku press directly into oil in circles.
- Once the bottom is done, flip it to other side and take out when the sizzling sound subsides.
- Once it is cool, break into pieces and store in an air tight container.
Spicy, crispy karasev is ready to enjoy with hot tea!
- If you like to use baking soda, then you can add while sieving the flours.
- Frying has to be done in medium heat.
Tags: Easy savoury recipe, Deepavali snacks recipe, Easy Deepavali Recipes, Easy Diwali Snacks Recipe, Festival recipes, easy snacks recipe, Kara sev recipe, Karachevu recipe, Sattur Karachevu recipe