Pudalangai Poriyal | Snake Gourd Stir Fry | நாட்டு புடலங்காய் பொரியல் is yet another simple recipe which goes well for rice along with sambar, rasam or curd. We get two varieties of snake gourd, one is short & fat, called as “panneer pudalai” and other one is thin & long, called as “nattu pudalai”. Last week, when i went to Mylapore, I had seen a fresh, tender, lengthy snake gourd. Immediately i grabbed that and made a delicious stir fry.
- Snake gourd | Pudalangai – 250 gms
- Onion ( finely chopped) – 1 No.
- Green chillies(slitted) – 2 Nos.
- Coconut gratings – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dhal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few.
- Wash snake gourd well in running water , cut into two lengthwise, remove the inner parts and cut into thin slices. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai and season with the items given “For seasoning”.
- Then add green chillies and onion. Sauté till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add snake gourd slices and sauté for about 2 minutes in simmer.
- Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes by stirring in between.
- When the sanke gourd 3/4th done, add salt and mix well.
- Finally add coconut gratings, combine well and switch off.
Your tasty Snake Gourd Stir Fry | Pudalangai Poriyal is ready to serve. Today I have made this for Thatta Payaru Kuzhambu and i should say it is a delicious combo J
- I didn’t add water while cooking snake gourd because it was so tender and also I used it fresh. If you have to add water, just drizzle few drops. If you add more water to this nattu pudalai, the entire thing will become mushy.
Tags: Nattu pudalangai poriyal recipe, Snake gourd recipes, Snake gourd stir fry, Country snake gourd stir fry recipe, How to cook nattu pudalangai?, simple stir fry using snake gourd, நாட்டு புடலங்காய் பொரியல்