Adyar Ananda Bhavan style Bittergourd Chips| Pakarkaai Chips| Karela Chips| Bitter Gourd Crispies is an oil fried snack made with bitter gourd. Kids would love to eat while preparing bitter gourd this way as they tend to avoid this wonder veggie all because of its bitterness. I prepare this chips not very often but may be when I get bored with the regular side dish and crave for something fried. It can also be stored in an air tight container for 2 to 3 days.
Recipe for Adyar Ananda Bhavan style Bittergourd Chips | Pakarkaai Chips | Healthy Recipes:
Cuisine : Indian| South Indian
Category: Snack | Side Dish
Preparation time :10 Minutes
Cooking time : 20 Minutes
Serves – 2
- Bitter Gourd (cut into thin slices) – 1 cup
- Besan flour | Kadalai Maavu – 3 tbsp
- Rice flour | Arisi Maavu – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Ajwain | Omam (crushed) – ½ tsp
- Fennel (crushed) – ½ tsp
- White sesame seeds | Ellu – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – For deep frying
- Wash bitter gourd in running water and cut into thin slices & keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except bitter gourd & oil and mix everything well.
- To this add the bitter gourd slices and mix. Drizzle few drops of water and make sure that the powders just coat the bitter gourd slices.
- In a broad kadai, add enough oil and heat.
- Once the oil is hot, take a handful of bitter gourd slices and drop one by one in the oil. Stop adding the slices once the slices spread evenly in the oil.
- After 2 minutes, just turn them around and fry in medium high flame.
- Once bitter gourd slices become ¾ th cooked, bring down the flame to medium low and fry till the chips become crispy & golden brown in colour.
Healthy, Crispy Bitter Gourd Chips are ready to munch on during meal time or snack time.
- Try to select tender bitter gourd and make thin slices as much as possible.
- Don’t keep the flame high at the final stage as the chips will become darker in colour.
Tags: Recipe for making Adyar Ananda Bhavan style Bittergourd Chips, Pakarkaai Chips recipes, Bitter gourd crispies, A2B Bitter gourd chips, Healthy snack Recipes, How to prepare Adyar Ananda Bhavan style Bittergourd Chips at home?, Bitter gourd recipes, Pavakkai recipes, Diabetic friendly recipes, Karela chips recipe