Finger Millet Flakes Kheer | Ragi Aval Payasam |Ragi Poha Kheer is a simple payasam which could be made in 5 minutes. Since the Tamil month “Aadi” has come, we need quick recipes to offer to Goddess since almost all days in the month of Aadi are auspicious. This payasam is one such recipe, not only for Poojas, a healthy dessert which could be made on any day!
- Ragi Flakes – ½ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Boiled milk – 2 cups
- Coconut gratings– 3 tbsp
- Cardamom – 3 Nos.
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Nuts of your choice
- Grind coconut gratings with cardamom to a fine paste by adding ¼ cup water and keep aside.
- Fry ragi flakes with a tsp of ghee in a kadai till you get nice aroma.
- To this add boiled milk and allow the ragi flakes to get cooked well.
- Add sugar and coconut paste and wait till sugar dissolves.
- Chop nuts and fry in a tsp of ghee till golden brown colour. Add this to the kheer, mix everything well and switch off.
Delicious Ragi Poha Kheer is ready. You can have it hot or cold.
- Adjust sweet according to your taste.
Tags: Ragi Poha Kheer recipe, Ragi Aval Payasam, Fingermillet Flakes Kheer, Finger Millet recipes, Millet Recipes, Healthy Desert Recipes, Festival Recipes, Pooja Recipes