Goat Brain Fry | Moolai Masala | Aattu Moolai Varuval is a simple dish but a tasty one. The preparation is almost like what we do for “egg scramble”. My grandma used to make moolai poriyal by adding eggs with brain which would taste like egg burji. Today I don’t want to add volumes to my dish and hence I decided to make a simple masala. This can be served as a starter as well as a side for sambar, rasam or curd.
- Goat Brain – 1 No.
- Shallots (finely chopped) – 5 Nos.
- Ginger garlic paste – ¼ tsp
- Tomato (finely chopped) – ½ No.
- Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to tatse
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – few.
- Wash the brain in running water and cut into bite size cubes and keep aside.
- In a non stick pan, add oil and season with the items given “For Seasoning”.
- Add shallots, fry till onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes off.
- Then add tomato and fry till it becomes mushy.
- Now add all masala powders & salt except pepper powder and sauté for a minute.
- Then add ¼ cup of water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add brain pieces and combine with the masala gently without breaking the pieces.
- Cook covered in simmer for about 5 minutes turning the pieces once in between.
- Finally add pepper powder, mix everything well and switch off.
Tasty Goat Brain Fry is ready in minutes! We had this yummy fry with Markandam Soup |Nenju Elumbu Soup…
- Brain will get cooked in few minutes. You can confirm this by checking the red lines on the brain become invisible.
Tags: Aattu Moolai Masala Recipe, How to prepare masala with goat brain, How to cook brain, Goat brain fry recipe, moolai masala, moolai varuval recipe, brain fry recipe, Chettinad moolai masala recipe, Aattu moolai varuval recipe