Purple Cabbage Poriyal | Purple Cabbage Stir Fry | சிவப்பு முட்டைகோஸ் பொரியல் is a simple recipe. Usually, I use purple cabbage for making colourful salad, but today I prepared this poriyal and tasted very nice with Murungaikaikathirikai sambar.
Here is the recipe…
- Purple Cabbage (finely chopped) – ½ cup
- Onion ( finely chopped) – 1 No.
- Green chillies(slitted) – 2 Nos.
- Coconut gratings – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Urad dhal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few.
- Wash purple cabbage leaves well in running water , chop it fine. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai and season with the items given “For seasoning”.
- Then add green chillies and onion. Sauté till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the chopped purple cabbage and sauté for about 2 minutes in simmer.
- Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes by stirring in between.
- Finally add salt, coconut gratings, combine well and switch off.
Your tasty Purple Cabbage Poriyal | Purple Cabbage Stir Fry is ready to serve.
- Don’t add water while cooking because it will make the stir fry mushy. Purple cabbage tastes better while it is crunchy.
Tags: Purple cabbage poriyal recipe, Cabbage recipes, purple cabbage stir fry, Colour cabbage stir fry recipe, How to cook purple cabbage?, poriyal recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Simple side dish,simple stir fry using purple cabbage, சிவப்பு முட்டைகோஸ் பொரியல்