Mushroom Masala | Dry Mushroom Curry is a simple yet delicious curry which I made with minimum ingredients. Mushroom always comes handy to make any meal yummy in no time. Also it has loads of protein and is a wonderful protein supplement for vegetarians. For non vegetarians, it is a good alternative since its taste is very close to non-veg items. So, this is a recipe everyone can enjoy trying at home.
Here we go for the recipe.
- Button Mushroom– 100 gms
- Shallots (finely chopped) – 15 Nos
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes (finely chopped) – 1 No
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper- Jeera powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste.
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Wash the mushrooms, cut them into slices and keep aside.
- In a non-stick pan, pour oil and season with the items given “For seasoning”.
- Add the finely chopped garlic and sauté till it releases nice aroma.
- Add shallots and sauté till it becomes brown in colour.
- Add tomato and sauté till it becomes mushy.
- Then add all the spice powders except pepper-jeera powder and sauté for a while.
- Now add the mushroom slices and sauté for a minute.
- Add the required salt and cook closed with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid, cook till the water from the mushroom gets shrunk to a thick gravy.
- Add pepper-jeera powder and sauté till the water gets dried out completely.
Tasty, spicy Mushroom Masala is ready to enjoy! We had this yummy masala with rice & spinach dhal and it tasted yum J
- No need to add water since the water released from mushroom is enough for cooking the mushrooms.
- Don’t soak mushrooms in water while washing them
Mushroom Masala recipe, Kadai Mushroom recipe, Chettinad style Masala Mushroom, Mushroom Curry recipe, Mushroom Recipes, Dry mushroom curry recipe, Healthy Recipes, Protein Rich Recipes, Healthy Side Dish, Restaurant style mushroom masala recipe.