Vegetable Biryani | Vegetable Pilaf | Jeera Samba Veg Biryani is the easiest one-pot healthy meal, that too when it is prepared using pressure cooker. In my opinion, any biryani prepared in a pressure cooker is no way inferior to that prepared in a traditional way. This pressure cooker biryani gives us a hand on busy days as well as on lazy holidays. I used to make it quite often but somehow I couldn’t make an attempt to add this in my blog even after receiving a request for the recipe of vegetable biryani from my friend. At last it happened today...
Let me move on to the recipe without any delay!
- Seeraga samba rice – 2 cups
- Water - 4 cups
- Mixed veggies – 1 to 1 ¼ cup
- Onion (Big) – 2 Nos (chopped lengthwise)
- Tomato – 2 Nos.(Medium)(chopped)
- Green chilli – 2 Nos.
- Curd – 1 tbs
- Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – ¼ cup
- Mint leaves (finely chopped) – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Ginger – 2” piece
- Garlic - 3 pods
- Fennel – ½ tsp
- Kuskus - ¼ tsp
- Bay leaf – 1 No.
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Cloves – 2 Nos
- Cardamom - 2 Nos.
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Wash the rice using water and keep aside.
- Wash the vegetables of your choice and cut into 1” thick pieces and keep aside. Here I’ve used 1 Carrot, 5 Beans, 1 small capsicum, 4 Cauliflower florets & a handful of green peas.
- Cut onions, tomatoes, mint & coriander leaves and keep ready.
- Also grind the items given for grinding into a fine paste by adding little water, if necessary.
- Take a pressure cooker, pour the oil and wait till the oil gets heated. Add the items given under “seasoning” one by one and wait until all these splutter to get the aroma from the seasoning.
- Add a half of chopped mint leaves, onion and Green chilli (just break into 2 or 3) and sauté well until the onion becomes translucent. Then add the ground paste mentioned above under “To grind” and sauté till the raw smell of the masala goes off.
- Add finely chopped tomato and add some salt so that the tomato will get cooked easily and sauté till the tomato gets smashed well.
- Then add all the masala powders and sauté till the oil oozes out from the masala. Next, add curd and sauté well until the mixture gets glossy appearance.
- Then add the chopped veggies, sauté well. To this add the washed rice and sauté for 3 minutes and then add the balance mint & coriander leaves.
- Add required salt and 4 cups of water. You can check for spice also at this stage and you can add if needed. Stir well and close the lid. Wait for 1 whistle, then simmer the flame for 3 minutes. Open the cooker after releasing the pressure slowly. Then follow the same procedure as we have done for all other Biryani Recipes.
Your delicious, hot, yummy Vegetable Biryani is ready to serve! I have packed this veg biryani with mixed veg raita for lunch!!
- You can use basmati rice and follow the same procedure instead of Jeera samba rice.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of vegetables as per your choice.
Tags: Vegetable biryani recipe, Pressure cooker Biriyani recipe, how to make Vegetable biriyani at home, Vegetable biryani with seeraga samba rice, Vegetable biryani with jeera samba, jeera samba Vegetable biryani recipe, seeraga chamba rice Vegetable biriyani, jeera chamba Vegetable biryani, How to prepare Vegetable biryani with seeraga samba rice?, veggie biryani, Veg biryani with basmati rice, Vegetable biryani with raita, hotel style Vegetable biriyani recipe, pressure cooker Vegetable biryani recipe