Quick Broccoli Stir Fry | Indian Style Broccoli Stir Fry is a quick but healthy recipe with the addition of few Indian spices. This magical green vegetable is gaining popularity through its excellent anti-cancerous properties. Apart from this, it is rich in Vitamin C & dietary fibre.
While selecting the vegetable, look for greenish bud without too much of white or yellow spots. It has to be cooked afresh. It needs to be steamed | microwaved to get the total benefits out of this vegetable. I could eat this straight away after steaming but to satisfy everyone's taste buds I’ve added some flavours in this recipe. This can be eaten as such or as an accompaniment with soup, rice, rotis, etc.
Here is the recipe…
- Broccoli – 1 No. (Medium)
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 No.
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli flakes –1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Jeera | Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Separate the broccoli florets, wash very well in running water. Chop into big chunks & steam for 5 minutes.
- Allow it to cool, chop into bite size pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai and season with the items given “For seasoning”.
- Then add garlic & sauté till it becomes golden brown in colour.
- Add onion & sauté till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add pepper powder, turmeric powder & salt and sauté for a minute.
- Then add the chopped broccoli and sauté for about 2 minutes in simmer.
- Finally add chilli flakes, toss well and switch off.
Your healthy, tasty Broccoli Stir Fry is ready to serve. We have enjoyed this with Chettinadu Thakkali Soup & Rice.
- Don’t steam or cook your broccoli for more time . The crunchiness in the vegetable adds taste as well as retains the nutrients.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of spice powders as per your choice.
Tags: Broccoli Stir Fry recipe, Broccoli recipes, Indian style broccoli stir fry, Indian broccoli recipes, How to cook broccoli?, How to buy broccoli?, How to select broccoli?, Side Dish Recipes, Simple side dish, simple stir fry using broccoli, Healthy recipes, Simple side dish recipes