Chicken pulao is a delicious rice variety made with chicken. It needs less ingredients compared to regular biryani and is aromatic enough to attract everybody at home to your kitchen. Instead of making regular chicken biryani everytime, we can try this pulao once in a while for a change – particularly when we are bored of adding regular masala stuffs. This chicken pulao when combined with spicy gravy and raita is surely no way inferior to our regular biryani. This chicken flavoured pulao will definitely be loved by the kids and is a treat to foodaholics!
Try this quick & easy to make yummy chicken pulao at once!
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Onions (finely chopped) – 2 Nos
- Green chillies slitted) – 3 Nos
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Mint leaves (chopped) – ½ cup
- Cilantro | coriander leaves(chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Coconut gratings – ½ cup
- Green chillies – 7 Nos
- Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
- Khus khus – 1 tsp
- Bay leaf – 1 No.
- Cinnamon – 1” piece
- Kalpaasi – 1 piece
- Star anise – 1 No
- Cloves (Lavang) – 4 Nos
- Cardamom (Elaichi) – 2 Nos
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Clean chicken, wash thoroughly with water & turmeric and cut into required size.
- In a pressure pan, add oil and season with the items given “For Seasoning”.
- Add chopped onions and sauté for a while, then add green chillies and ginger garlic paste, sauté till the raw smell goes off.
- Add garam masala powder and turmeric powder, mix everything well, then add curd and sauté for a while.
- Add chicken, mix everything and sauté for 5 minutes. Add ½ portion of mint leaves and cilantro, stir well. Add 1 cup of water and required salt. Stir well and close the lid. Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Meanwhile, wash basmati rice , drain the water completely and keep it aside.
- Also, grind the items given “To grind” in a mixie jar by adding a cup of water and squeeze out the milk from the ground paste using a colander. Keep it ready.
- Now open the pressure pan, separate the chicken pieces and drain the gravy. Measure the gravy with the coconut milk prepared under step (7) and make it 4 cups by adding water, if needed so that gravy+coconut milk +water =4 cups for 2 cups of rice and keep it aside.
- In a separate pressure pan, add ghee, sauté rice along with the balance coriander, mint leaves and cooked chicken pieces.
- Then add gravy+coconut milk +water (4 cups) and needed salt. You can check for spice also at this stage and you can add slitted green chillies if needed. Stir well and close the lid. Wait for 1 whistle, then simmer the flame for 3 minutes. Open the cooker after releasing the pressure slowly. Then follow the same procedure as we have done for all other Biryani recipes.
Your delicious, hot, aromatic Chicken Pulao is ready to serve! I have served the pulao with spicy chicken masala!!
- You can add lemon juice at the end if you like tangy taste since I didn’t add tomatoes in this recipe.
- I have not used chilli powder at all in this recipe but if you want you can add red chilli powder and minimize the green chillies used for grinding.
- Number of green chillies added should be decided based on one’s spice level and also considering the size and spiciness of chillies.
Tags: Chicken pulao recipe, Quick and easy chicken pulao, chicken rice recipe, Delicious chicken pulao recipe, Indian chicken pulao, Indian chicken rice varieties, easy to make chicken pulao, easy chicken pulao, spicy chicken pulao, Indian biryani varieties