Diwali is nearing and I want to post some of the easy Diwali recipes which will be of use to the working women and beginners. Apple Pista Halwa or Apple Halwa is one of the recipe which can be done without much strain and there are no hard rules to follow. It combines the goodness of apple and pista and hence this is very good for growing children. Those who already have a list of recipes to be done for Diwali, can include this sweet also because it will not take much time.
Above all else, I can proudly say that this Apple Pista Halwa is an innovation of mine for this Diwali. This delicious sweet can be prepared very easily and takes about 20 minutes with minimum ingredients.
- Apple (grated) – 1 cup
- Besan flour – ½ cup
- Pista ( coarsely ground) – ¼ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Peel the skin from the apple and shred it into thick pieces (not too fine) using a large hole on the grater.
- In a thick bottomed kadai, fry besan flour in a tablespoon of ghee till the raw smell of besan flour goes off.
- Add apple gratings to this besan flour and fry till the moisture content from the apple dries out.
- Add milk and sugar and mix everything well.
- Keep on stirring the mixture till it reaches halwa consistency. Finally add rest of the ghee and the coarsely ground pista ( reserve some for garnishing). It will take only about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the contents to the greased plate and allow it to cool. Garnish with pista.
- Cut into squares of desired size.
Your nutty, soft Apple Pista Halwa is ready to be enjoyed!!
- Apple used should be crunchy enough so that the apple gratings can be tasted in between.
- Grating should be done in parallel with frying besan so that the colour of the apple does not change.
- I didn’t add any food colour. If you want, you can add some yellow colour.
- This halwa is too soft, if you want to make it in shapes as shown in pic, you may have to do it with little patience. If you find it difficult, you can simply serve it like badam halwa.
Tags: Diwali sweet recipe, Apple Halwa recipe, Pista halwa recipe, Apple pista crunchy halwa, Deepavali sweet recipe, sweets using apple, halwa using fruits, halwa using nuts