Soup… Everyone would like to have a hot steaming cup of soup especially during rainy days and my family is no exception. Even though we have tasted many soups at the restaurants and so many ‘ready to make’ soups are available in the market (they may be delicious too!), nothing can compensate for our home-made soups because it is more hygienic and we have the satisfaction that we have served our family the total goodness. Though it is my family’s favourite, I hardly find time to make it. But today’s weather essentially forced me into making it.
The recipe, I have given here neither falls into clear nor creamy soup category. It is a low calorie version with a full pack of nutrients.
The home made, mixed vegetable soup involves two steps.
Step 1 Preparation of Vegetable Stock:
Please check my post “How to prepare Vegetable Stock at Home?”
Step 2 Preparation of vegetable soup:
- Butter – ½ tsp
- Carrot, cabbage, beans, capsicum (finely chopped) – 1cup
- Garlic(finely chopped) – 3 pods
- Spring Onion & white part (finely chopped) – 3 Nos.
- Spring Onion green part (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Vegetable stock – 3 cups
- Boiled & cooled milk – 1 cup
- Pepper powder & salt to taste
- In a sauce pan, sauté spring onion (white part) and garlic in butter until you get a nice aroma.
- Add finely chopped veggies and sauté for a few minutes without changing the veggies’ colour and losing the crunchiness.
- Add the vegetable stock prepared in step(1), and bring it to a boil.
- Add chopped required pepper powder and salt.
- Finally add milk and switch off.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion.
Your delicious, hot, appetizing vegetable soup is ready to serve!!
Tags: Low calorie vegetable soup, Vegetable broth preparation, preparation of vegetable stock, Cream of vegetable soup low calorie version, Home made vegetable soup, Mixed vegetable soup